We are looking for candidates with a solid background in undergraduate-level mathematics, statistics, finance, and computing.
|Application Timeline (2019/20 Intake)|
|1 Sep 2018||Applications open|
|1 Feb 2019 (23:59, GMT+8)||Application deadline|
|Dec 2018 to Apr 2019||Admission interviews|
|Jan to July 2019||Admission offers issued|
|1 Sep 2019||2019-20 Fall term commences|
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering, physical sciences, or an equivalent qualification from a university or tertiary institution.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Paper-based test (PBT) score of no less than 550
- Internet-based test (
iBT) score of no less than 80
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- overall score of 6.5 (raised from 6.0 previously) with no sub-score lower than 5.5
- You do not need to present TOEFL or IELTS score if
- your first language is English, or
- your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) is
froman institution where the medium of instruction is English.
Please apply through the Online Admission System (OAS)
(The 2019-20 Fall term commences on 1 September 2018)
Please visit http://pg.ust.hk for information on admission requirements, admission timeline, and other information about postgraduate programs.
The program fee for the 2019/20 Intake is HK$210,000 for 36 credits.
Living Expenses (Estimated)
|Expenses per month||HKD$|
|Books and supplies||1,000|
* Accommodation standards and rents vary considerably
^ Calculations based on HK$35/meal on campus
How to Apply?
Apply to the HKUST Postgraduate Programs by taking the following simple steps:
- Create an account at HKUST Online PG Admissions System.
Prepare the documents/ additional information required for application.
- Submit your online application before deadline.
- Invitation for
interviewwill be sent to you via email.
- Prepare and attend the interview.
- Check the system regularly for the admission offer and other status updates.
Follow the steps to accept the offer in the system.